Leading international experts in the field of addiction science will meet in Lisbon from
23–25 October 2019 for the Third European conference on addictive behaviours and dependencies. The theme of the conference is ‘The future of addictions: new frontiers for policy, practice and science’. Registration and a call for abstracts open today.
Abstracts may be submitted until 31 January 2019 on www.lisbonaddictions.eu on the following themes:
· Futures: identifying and meeting emerging needs; prediction, preparedness, innovations and new challenges;
· Better practice: improving how we respond; supporting the development and implementation of more effective prevention, treatment, and harm reduction interventions;
· Better science: aetiology, basic science, neuroscience and pre-clinical studies;
· Better methods: epidemiology, monitoring estimates and models;
· Better society: overcoming barriers, effective policies, regulations and laws; culture and context.
Over 1 000 participants are expected at the conference, which will provide a unique networking opportunity for researchers, practitioners and policy experts across countries and disciplines. It will also address new challenges and developing fields and provide an occasion for early-stage researchers to enhance their careers.
Key deadlines: 31 January— abstracts; 28 February — Early-bird registration; 29 June— Regular registration.