This paper gives an overview of some recent developments in the tools most commonly used to manage national drug policies: strategies, coordination mechanisms and evaluations. It is based on an analysis of reports on national drug policies compiled by the EMCDDA’s Reitox focal points in the EMCDDA reporting countries (28 EU Member States, plus Turkey and Norway), consultation with experts and scientific literature.
Table of contents
- Introduction — implementing and managing drug policies
- National drug strategies — broader scope and use
- National coordination mechanisms and drug strategies
- National drug strategy evaluation
- Conclusion — a widening strategic focus
Download a copy from: www.emcdda.europa.eu/publications